As of Android 9 most OEM versions and Custom ROMs silently fail or crash when recording to OTG or secondary SD card. Currently trying to find work-arounds.
CK47 Demo is demonstration version of the video recording app CK47 supporting 4K video and pro features as well as many more to get the most out of your Android camera. The demo version is time limited during recording.
Features in this version (for supporting devices) :
• Record in 720p/1080/2K/UHD/4K and other video resolutions.
• Allows importing custom video profiles.
• Includes various video profiles (eg. flat,log,square root,linear,srgb,etc…).
• Save video to external otg devices or addon sd-cards.
• Manual Exposure, zoom, and focus controls.
• Video Bitrates 15Mbps to 200Mbps.
• Video Noise reduction.
• Edge contrast support.
• White balance control.
• Various grid overlays.
• Various aspect marks overlays.
• Device level display.
• Audio monitor bar (two styles, LED bar or full bar).
• Separate optical and eis video stabilization toggle options.
• Video frame rates starting at 24fps and up.
• AB Shutter 3 remote trigger support.
• Right and Left handed button controls.
• Supports geo tagging video with gps coordinates.
• Localized for English, French, and Spanish languages.
Full version available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draekko.ck47
• CK47 supports Camera2 Limited API or better devices. Will not work with legacy hardware devices.
• Supported recorder video resolutions are device dependent.
• Some options are device dependent and will be disabled when unavailable.
• Some devices won’t support all available Camera2 API options or misreport support.
• Devices that don’t support stereo will generate mono left and right audio channels when recording in stereo.
• Some devices won’t support all encoder options.
• Some devices treat encoder video framerates as suggestions.
• On some devices when setting location permission to never allow will cause you to subsequently always manually enable it in settings -> app -> ck47 -> permission.
• The whole encoder subsystem is independent from the application and is implemented by the device manufacturer.
• Remote shutter uses volume key ids as trigger keys so using the volume will trigger recording.
• Reviews are not read by developer, contact through website for support.
• The app doesn’t contain any tracking, ads, or analytics software.
• App support available only in English.
Visit http://draekko.com for support, and feedback.