AffairsCloud YouTube Channel – Click Here
AffairsCloud APP Click Here
We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 23 December 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 22 December 2022
iDEX signs its 150th Innovation Contract with Altair Infrasec Pvt LtdOn December 21, 2022, Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX), an initiative of Department of Defence Production (DDP), signed an innovation contract with Altair Infrasec Pvt Ltd, Pune (Maharashtra). This was the 150th contract of iDEX.
It was signed by Anurag Bajpai, Joint Secretary (Defence Industries Production) & Additional Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO); Anil Anand, CEO, Altair Infrasec Pvt Ltd in the presence of Defence Secretary Giridhar Aramane, among other in New Delhi, Delhi.
i.Altair Infrasec Pvt Ltd, Pune is a winner of the Defence India Start-up Challenge (DISC 7) SPRINT edition on the theme ‘Expendable Mobile Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Training Target (EMATT) capable of simulating the sound and movement of a submarine’.
ii.The challenge envisaged development of a training target capable of being deployed from P8I aircraft, MH60R helicopters, ships doing speed up to 10 knots and other Remotely Piloted Aircraft without undertaking any modification on the platform from which the EMATT is required to be launched.
i.Launched in 2018, iDEX is funded and managed by DIO. It functions as the executive arm of DIO, and encourages start-ups and other such entities engaged in defence innovation.
- DIO is established under DDP.
ii.iDEX signed its 100th contract on July 26, 2022.
iii.iDEX, in association with Tri-Services, Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) develop products to make India ‘Aatmanirbhar’ and achieve the export target of USD $5 billion i.e. Rs 40,000 crore with the objective of transforming India into a global defence manufacturing hub in the next 25 years.
GIXI: IGX launches India’s First Gas Price IndexOn December 20, 2022, the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) launched GIXI, the first ever, nationwide price index to reflect benchmark natural gas prices for India. This launch is on the lines with international benchmarks such as JKM (Japan Korea Marker), HH (Henry Hub), WIM (West India Marker), TTF (Dutch).
- It was launched by Tarun Kapoor, former petroleum secretary and advisor to Prime Minister of India during an event in New Delhi, Delhi.
- It will reflect the volume-weighted average price for all gas traded and also represent the gas prices at the Western and Southern hubs.
i.IGX Price Index is calculated for various hubs and delivery points with IGX prices being discovered based on actual deliveries making it reflective of the true market situation.
ii.The domestic natural gas market is growing at a fast pace, in line with the Central Government’s vision of achieving 15% share of natural gas in India’s energy mix.
iii.At IGX, over 447 lakh MMBtus (1.1 Billion Cubic Meters) of gas has been traded since inception.
iv.IGX currently offers delivery-based trade in six different contracts such as day-ahead, daily, weekday, weekly, fortnightly and monthly, under which the trade can be executed for six consecutive months.
About Indian Gas Exchange (IGX):
Promoted by the Indian Energy Exchange (IEX), it is India’s first automated national level Gas Exchange.
Managing Director & CEO– Rajesh Kumar Mediratta
Headquarters– Noida, Uttar Pradesh
India’s First SCO-IBC Meeting Held with Focus On Climate Finance, Sdgs, Creation of Data Bank
The 19th meeting of the Experts and Coordinators of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Interbank Consortium (SCO-IBC), the first to be held under India’s presidency, came to an end in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The SCO IBC will be led by India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) from October 26 to October 25, 2023.
- The SCO-IBC is presided over by Pawan Kumar, Deputy Managing Director of IIFCL.
i.During the summit, it was determined to establish a data bank, work toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and undertake climate financing initiatives.
- The meeting was attended by delegates from the member banks of 8 member countries.
ii.The discussion mainly focused on the SCO IBC member banks’ personnel training, the creation of a database for the consortium’s 20th aniversary, and other areas of cooperation between member banks to improve their partnership.
iii.The next meeting will be on capacity building on February 8, 2023, followed by a meeting of the heads of the council of the SCO member banks in April 2023.
iv.Recently, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi attended the 22nd SCO Summit, which took place on September 15-16, 2022, in Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- The SCO Presidency for the upcoming years 2022–2023 was transferred from Uzbekistan to India during the summit.
- The SCO is an eight-nation group composed of India, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
Shanghai Cooperation Organization Interbank Consortium (SCO IBC)
i.The SCO IBC was created on October 26, 2005, as a result of a decision by the Council of Heads of SCO Member States.
- Purpose: To develop a mechanism to financially support and service investment projects in the economic spheres of SCO member nations (Agreement on Interbank Cooperation with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization).
ii.In July 2005, India was granted ‘observer status’ in the SCO during the Astana Summit held in Astana, capital of Kazakhstan.
- India became a full member of the SCO during the SCO summit in Astana in June 2017.
iii.IIFCL has been taking part in the forum since the Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance (MoF), nominated it to represent India at the SCO IBC in 2017.
BANKING & FINANCE
IFSCA introduced framework to Boost Distribution of Capital Market Products from Gift Cityi.The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) introduced a regulatory framework for Distribution of Capital Market Products and Services under IFSCA (Capital Market Intermediaries) Regulations, 2021 from international financial services centres (IFSCs).
ii.Currently, there is only one IFSC in India i.e. GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tec) City in Gujarat.
iii.The Capital market products include securities as covered under Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956.
iv.The Capital market services include portfolio management services and investment advisory services.
v.IFSCA and Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for mutual assistance and cooperation in the area of sustainable finance.
About International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA):
Chairperson– Injeti Srinivas
Headquarters– Gandhinagar, Gujarat
>> Read Full News
IRDAI to Introduce ‘Bima Vahaks‘ to Expand Insurance Force
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) will soon introduce “Bima Vahaks“ in each Gram Panchayat in order to strengthen the insurance force in India.
- Rakesh Joshi, an IRDAI member, made the announcement during the Business Standard BFSI Insight Summit 2022 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
i.A “Bima Vahak” will be assigned to each Gram Panchayat, to sell and service the ‘Bima Vistar’ line of basic parametric bundled insurance policies, which provide protection against health, property, life, and personal accident.
- This bundled product could be purchased in units of the sum insured, and app-based infrastructure will be made to ensure a seamless policyholder experience.
ii.Insurance companies are working with state governments to create state-level insurance policies that would boost penetration in areas that do not receive much attention from the major players.
iii.This measure will address the vast protection gap, in which 50% of vehicles are uninsured, property insurance coverage is miniscule, and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) are uninsured.
- Additionally, it includes the “missing middle,” or the 30% of the eligible population that lacks access to health insurance.
About the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI):
Chairperson – Debasish Panda
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Established – 2000
HDFC signs MoU with Kerala Startup Mission to provide Financial Services to Startups
Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with HDFC Bank Limited to facilitate an array of banking services to startups in the state through KSUM’s smart solution SmartUp. The MoU has a time frame of 1 year.
- This MoU is a part of the bank’s ongoing effort to support startup culture in Kerala.
The MoU was signed by Saji Gopinath, CEO, KSUM; and Arun Mediratta; Branch Banking Head (South), HDFC Bank.
i.Under this MoU, KSUM will refer startups to SmartUp which will provide smart financial tools, advisory services and technology to aid in achieving their goals.
ii.Bank will provide opportunities for startups to pitch their offerings to capital firms, and also extend its support incubation and acceleration of all startups enrolled in the SmartUp programme.
The KSUM program is backed by the Kerala government. It promotes entrepreneurship at different levels viz. from promoting entrepreneurship in schools to incubating and accelerating startups in the state.
i.At the school level, KSUM promotes entrepreneurship with schemes such as Atal Tinkering Laboratories, Startup Box etc. targeting young entrepreneurs and school innovations.
ii.It also helps local startups onboard international clients, meet established investors, figure out market needs and know the competition in the international market.
- It has tied up with international institutes, accelerators and tech conferences to take Indian startups to international markets.
iii.Till July 2022, 130 startups from Kerala took their products or services to the international level through KSUM.
About HDFC Bank Limited:
MD & CEO– Sashidhar Jagdishan
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– We Understand Your World
Karnataka Bank goes live on ICEGATE
Karnataka Bank has enabled its clients to pay customs duty online by going live on the Indian Customs Electronic Gateway (ICEGATE), the national gateway of Indian Customs of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
- All of Karnataka Bank’s corporate and individual customers will be able to pay customs duty at their convenience because of the bank’s integration on the ICEGATE platform.
- This digital initiative is dedicated to the clients under the KBL–Nxt Digital Transformation project of the bank.
Worldline ePayments India gets RBI’s In-Principle nod to act as Payment Aggregator
Worldline ePayments India, a leader in digital payments, has received in-principle authorisation from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to act as a Payment Aggregator (PA) under the provisions of Guidelines on Regulation of Payment Aggregators and Payment Gateways dated March 17, 2020.
- WEIPL received this communication from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on December 20, 2022.
- The RBI has taken the initiative to establish guidelines and frameworks to help the entire digital ecosystem.
- These initiatives enhance consumer trust and broaden the use of digital payments.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Tata Projects Signs MoU with CSIR-IIP for Clean Energy SolutionsTata Projects Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Indian Institute of Petroleum (CSIR-IIP), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, to jointly work towards clean energy solutions.
- This MoU is in line with the CSIR-IIP’s mandate to reduce India’s energy imports and enhance national self-reliance by repurposing waste and under-utilised local renewable carbon resources.
i.The MoU will help in reducing India’s energy imports and also enhance India’s self-reliance by repurposing waste and under-utilised local renewable carbon resources.
ii.The Tata Project will use clean energy solutions such as room temperature biodiesel produced from CSIR-IIP for some of its ongoing sites.
iii.The Partnership will further allows to actively explore the utilisation of by-product green diesel from the existing Drop-In Liquid Sustainable Aviation Fuel and Automotive fuel (DILSAAF) pilot plant at CSIR-IIP’s campus in Dehradun and the proposed commercial scale demonstration unit in Tata Projects’ fleet.
Note: The shift from diesel to a cleaner energy source will ensure lower emissions and a more sustainable future for the sector and the planet.
About Tata Projects Limited:
Managing Director (MD) – Vinayak Pai
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Cognizant signs MoU with Garuda Aerospace for Advanced Digital ToolsCognizant Technology Solutions Corp(Cognizant), United States (US)-based Information Technology (IT) service provider, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chennai (Tamil Nadu)-based Garuda Aerospace, a homegrown drone startup, to power its drones with advanced digital tools.
i. The company’s goal is to bring innovative solutions at scale for enterprises aiming to increase their overall outcomes, productivity, and agility.
ii. This collaboration will further enhance Garuda Aerospace’s ‘Made in India’ drones with world-class technologies and catalyze new, innovative solutions to help clients and their customers across the globe.
i. Cognizant and Garuda Aerospace will work together to deliver a wide range of drone-based management and monitoring services for companies across all sectors.
- Industries or sectors like agriculture, energy and utilities, etc.
ii. Over 500 skilled pilots work with Garuda Aerospace in 26 cities across India, operating a fleet of 400 drones.
iii. The collaboration will provide Cognizant associates across its service lines, including, analytics, and the Internet of things (IoT), among others.
Note: Former Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni represents Garuda Aerospace as its Brand Ambassador.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Brian Humphries
Headquarters- Chennai, Tamil Nadu. In 1998, the headquarters were moved to the United States (US).
Parent Company- Cognizant Corporation
About Garuda Aerospace:
Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- Agnishwar Jayaprakash
Headquarters- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
GAIL Signs Charter with Japan’s Mitsui OSK for LNG Carrier
State-owned Gail (India) Limited and Japanese transport firm Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL), signed a time charter contract through its wholly owned subsidiary, for a new-build Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) carrier, and also for joint ownership of an existing LNG carrier. The vessel will be built by South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering with a charter period from 2023.
- This is the 2nd agreement for a LNG carrier signed between MOL and GAIL.
- The 1st carrier, under the agreement signed in 2019, ships LNG from the United States of America Gulf Coast to India.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Former Supreme Court Judge Hemant Gupta Appointed as Chief of NDIACThe Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Justice Hemant Gupta, retired Supreme Court Judge, as the Chairperson of the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) and Ganesh Chandru and Anant Vijay Palli as part-time members of NDIAC.
About Justice Hemant Gupta:
i.He was born on 17th October 1957, and enrolled as an advocate in July 1980.
ii.He worked as additional advocate general of Punjab from 1997 to 1999 and was appointed a judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court in 2002.
iii.Justice Gupta has also served as a member of the Computer Committee of the Punjab and Haryana High Court for more than 10 years, during which complete computerisation of the high court including digitisation of the entire records of judicial files happened.
- In addition, a mechanism to scan the freshly filed case was developed, a case management system was introduced along with an e-diary.
iv.In February 2016 he was appointed as the judge of Patna High Court and in October 2016 he became the acting Chief Justice of the same high court.
- In March 2017, Justice Gupta was appointed as Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
i.On 2nd November 2018, he was elevated as the Judge of the Supreme Court of India and he retired from the office after a 4-year term on 16th October 2022.
ii.He has delivered several important judgments, including the verdict in the Karnataka Hijab ban case; Just three days before his retirement, he had dismissed the appeals challenging the March 15 judgement of the Karnataka High Court which had refused to lift the Hijab ban.
About New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC):
The NDIAC, under the Ministry of Law and Justice, was established for creating an independent and autonomous regime for institutionalised arbitration.
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Establishment – 1961
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
RRVL to acquire Metro Cash & Carry India for Rs 2,850 crore
On 22nd December 2022, Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd(RIL), signed definitive agreements to acquire a 100% equity stake in Metro Cash and Carry India Pvt Ltd (Metro India), the Indian arm of the German Retailer Metro AG, for a cash consideration of Rs 2,850 crore.
- The transaction is scheduled to close by March 2023, subject to a few regulatory requirements and other usual closing conditions.
- RRVL will get access to METRO India’s network of stores in prime locations across cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Amritsar, Ahmedabad, Surat, Indore, Meerut, Lucknow, Nasik, Visakhapatnam, Guntur, Vijayawada, Tumakuru, Ghaziabad, and Hubballi.
- METRO AG started operations in India in 2003 as the first company to introduce cash-and-carry business format in India.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
NASA Selects SpaceX to Provide Launch Services for Sentinel-6B MissionThe National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) of the United States (US) has granted Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) of Hawthorne, California, US, a contract for launch services for the ‘Sentinel-6B mission’ worth approximately USD 94 million.
- The mission aims to continue global sea level observations for at least the next 10 years.
i.The US and Europe are collaborating on the Jason Continuity of Service (Jason-CS) mission aboard the Sentinel-6 spacecraft. Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 consists of two identical satellites:
- Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich, the first one launched on November 21, 2020
- Sentinel-6 B (Satellite B), the second one planned for launch in 2025
‘Project dearMoon’: Baalveer Actor Dev Joshi Among Eight-Member Crew for SpaceX Moon Trip
Dev Joshi, an India actor and influencer, is one of the 8 people who will fly to the moon in 2023 on a Starship spacecraft developed by Elon Musk’s SpaceX.
- This first civilian expedition to the moon is referred to as the “dearMoon Project.”
About the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):
Administrator – Bill Nelson
Headquarters – Washington D.C, United States
>> Read Full News
NASA retires Mars InSight Lander After 4 year Mission
On 21st December 2022, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) formally retired its Mars InSight lander after more than 4 years of collecting unique science on Mars. The last time InSight communicated with Earth was on 15th December 2022.
- InSight was the first robotic probe that was specially designed to study the interior of Mars, the red planet. NASA declared the mission over when InSight missed 2 consecutive communication sessions with the spacecraft orbiting Mars.
- InSight was launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California on 5th May 2018 and landed on Mars on 26th November 2018.
Padma Shri Awardee & Gamaka Exponent H R Keshavamurthy Passes AwayOn 21st December 2022 H.R. Keshavamurthy, a senior gamaka exponent and a Padma Shri awardee passed away in Hosahalli in Shivamogga taluk, Karnataka. He was born on 22nd February 1934 in Hosahalli, Shivamogga District of Karnataka.
Note: Gamaka, also known as kaavya vaachana, is an art form of meaningful and melodious rendering of verses from classical epics that originated in Karnataka.
About H.R. Keshavamurthy:
i.Keshava Murthy was born in a family of gamaka artists and had initial training in gamaka from his father Ramaswamy Shastry.
- Hosahalli, his native place, is known for many music talents.
ii.Under the guidance of Venkateshaiah he continued his studies and presented a number of programmes and had trained many students. Through his performances, he publicised noted Kannada epics.
iii.Awards – He has been honoured with many awards including Shantala Natya Shri award in 1998 for his contribution to classical dance, by the government of Karnataka and different cultural organisations.
- In 2002, he was awarded Rajyatsava Prashasti and the Karnataka Ratna award by the Government of Karnataka.
- He was honoured with the Padma Shri, India’s 4th highest civilian award, in 2022 in the field of arts.
National Mathematics Day 2022 – December 22National Mathematics Day is annually celebrated across India on December 22 to mark the birth anniversary of renowned Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, who was born on 22nd December 1887 in Erode, Madras Presidency, British India (now Tamil Nadu, India).
- The day is marked to recognise and celebrate the works of Srinivasa Ramanujan and highlight the importance of Mathematics.
22nd December 2022 marks the 135th birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
i. On 26th February 2012, during the ceremony in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, then Prime Minister (PM) Manmohan Singh declared December 22 as the National Mathematics Day to mark the birth anniversary of the legendary Indian Mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan, to honour his life and achievements.
- He also declared the year 2012 as the National Mathematics Year.
ii. The first-ever National Mathematics Day was observed on 22nd December 2012.
>> Read Full News
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches ‘Drink from Tap’ facility in 19 Cities & TownsOn 21st December 2022, Chief Minister (CM) of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik, launched the 24-Hour Drink from Tap project in 19 cities and towns of Odisha, which would benefit over 5.5 lakh people.
- The project was officially launched in Cuttack, Berhampur, Rourkela, Sundargarh, Biramitrapur, Rajgangpur, Keonjhar, Bhubaneswar, Nimapada, Joda, Badbil, Champua, Anandpur, Baripada, Rairangpur, Udala, Karanjia, and Vyasanagar.
- It was launched virtually under the 5T initiative (Teamwork, technology, transparency, transformation and time limit).
i. In 2021, Odisha’s Puri was the 1st city in the state to have a drink-from-tap facility. Gopalpur is the 2nd city in Odisha to facilitate the project.
ii. Drinking water will be supplied around through taps installed in households under the project.
iii. According to CM Naveen Patnaik, the initiative would help at least 5.55 lakh people in 19 cities and towns.
Chief Minister- Naveen Patnaik
Governor- Ganeshi Lal
Wildlife Sanctuary- Bhitarkanika sanctuary
Airports- Rourkela Airport; Gopalpur port
ADNOC L&S Signs Third Charter Agreement of LNG Floating Storage Unit with AG&PADNOC Logistics & Services (ADNOC L&S), the maritime logistics arm of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), and Atlantic Gulf & Pacific International Holdings (AG&P), Singapore-based downstream Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) platform and infrastructure development company, have signed the long-term charter agreement to utilise Ghasha, an ADNOC L&S liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier, as a Floating Storage Unit (FSU) in India.
- This agreement is valid for 11 years with the option of a 4 year extension.
- This is the 3rd charter agreement signed between ADNOC L&S and AG&P for a floating storage unit lease in India and the Philippines.
i.Under the agreement, the carrier will be used at AG&P’s LNG Import Terminal in India, which will be commissioned in the 2nd half of 2024.
ii.The operations and maintenance of the FSU will be undertaken by ADNOC L&S, while the conversion of the LNG Carrier (LNGC) will be taken care of by GAS Entec, an AG&P subsidiary.
The LNG carrier Ghasha, built in Japan, is a moss-type containment vessel with a capacity of around 138,000 cubic metres.
- Ghash is a part of ADNOC L&S’ diverse operational fleet of more than 300 vessels.
About ADNOC Logistics & Services (ADNOC L&S):
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Captain Abdulkareem Al Masabi
Headquarters – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Assam CM inaugurates Partial Commissioning of JICA-assisted Guwahati Water Supply project On 21st December 2022, Chief Minister (CM) of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma inaugurated the partial commissioning of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)-Assisted Guwahati Water Supply Project at an event held on the premises of its water treatment plant at Kharghuli, Guwahati, Assam.
- The project which was launched in 2009 is scheduled to be ready for full commissioning by March 2024.
i. The ‘Guwahati Water Supply Project’ aims to provide clean potable water to the residents of Guwahati, Assam.
ii. The project has the capacity to provide 1.25 lakh families in parts of Guwahati with a 24-hours water supply.
iii. Currently, the partial commissioning will allow Guwahati Jal Board to supply water to about 13,000 households in Guwahati’s multiple localities.
- The project symbolises the relationship of deep trust and mutual respect between India and Japan.
- The year 2022 marks the 70th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Japan and India.
Chief Minister- Himanta Biswa Sarma
Governor- Jagdish Mukhi
Wildlife Sanctuary- Nambor – Doigrung Wildlife Sanctuary; Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary
Airports- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport; Dibrugarh Airport
Kerala’s 1st Smart Mobile Composting Unit Inaugurated
M.B. Rajesh, Minister of Self-Government Excise Department of the State of Kerala inaugurated Kerala’s 1st smart mobile composting unit in Pallithottam, Kerala. The unit was jointly launched by Suchitwa Mission and the Kerala Mission. He also noted that waste management issues in Kerala will be eliminated by 2026.
- The innovative idea of smart mobile composting that scientifically treats waste from auditoriums and large catering centres and turns it into manure.
- Up to 500 kilogrammes (Kg) of garbage can be processed and turned into manure each hour using the device.
List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 23 December 2022|
|1||iDEX signs its 150th Innovation Contract with Altair Infrasec Pvt Ltd|
|2||GIXI: IGX launches India’s First Gas Price Index|
|3||India’s First SCO-IBC Meeting Held with Focus On Climate Finance, Sdgs, Creation of Data Bank|
|4||IFSCA introduced framework to Boost Distribution of Capital Market Products from Gift City|
|5||IRDAI to Introduce ‘Bima Vahaks‘ to Expand Insurance Force|
|6||HDFC signs MoU with Kerala Startup Mission to provide Financial Services to Startups|
|7||Karnataka Bank goes live on ICEGATE|
|8||Worldline ePayments India gets RBI’s In-Principle nod to act as Payment Aggregator|
|9||Tata Projects Signs MoU with CSIR-IIP for Clean Energy Solutions|
|10||Cognizant signs MoU with Garuda Aerospace for Advanced Digital Tools|
|11||GAIL Signs Charter with Japan’s Mitsui OSK for LNG Carrier|
|12||Former Supreme Court Judge Hemant Gupta Appointed as Chief of NDIAC|
|13||RRVL to acquire Metro Cash & Carry India for Rs 2,850 crore|
|14||NASA Selects SpaceX to Provide Launch Services for Sentinel-6B Mission|
|15||NASA retires Mars InSight Lander After 4 year Mission|
|16||Padma Shri Awardee & Gamaka Exponent H R Keshavamurthy Passes Away|
|17||National Mathematics Day 2022 – December 22|
|18||Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches ‘Drink from Tap’ facility in 19 Cities & Towns|
|19||ADNOC L&S Signs Third Charter Agreement of LNG Floating Storage Unit with AG&P|
|20||Assam CM inaugurates Partial Commissioning of JICA-assisted Guwahati Water Supply project|
|21||Kerala’s 1st Smart Mobile Composting Unit Inaugurated|