1. Press “Accounts” to setup an IMAP account
2. Press “Check Connection” to verify the account details & get the folder list
3. Select a SPAM folder to use from the folder list
4. Train the automatic filter and create your own black list rules to block SPAM
[Note: This app *cannot* be used with POP3 accounts because POP3 does not support server folders. Your only SPAM filtering option for POP3 is your primary email APP. If your email app supports SPAM filtering, it will create a private local SPAM folder to store any potential SPAM.]
Automatically detects and moves SPAM from the INBOX to the SPAM folder.
[Please note: The app does *not* auto remove SPAM from the INBOX of android email apps unless the INBOX is set to resync with the SERVER. The auto detector requires USER training, pressing thumbs UP and DOWN icons on the HISTORY page]
• Auto: Uses a machine learning program to make intelligent SPAM filtering decisions.
• Blacklisting: Define rules for emails that should be blocked [Ex: Subject is “Viagra”]
• Baked SPAM: The app is able to detect common SPAM phrases upon first use [Ex; “Act now”, “While supplies last”]
• User Training: On the history page, press the thumbs up and thumbs down icons to accept the auto spam filter’s decisions.
• Adaptive: The auto SPAM filter will use the emails that you certify to make better decisions in the future.
Good to Know:
• Mail Support: IMAP, IMAP IDLE and passwordless GMail authentication [OAuth2]
• Completely private! Your data/email NEVER leaves your device!
• No subscription fees since the processing is performed locally
• Bayes Filter: Recursive Bayesian estimation, also known as a Bayes filter, is a general probabilistic approach for estimating an unknown probability density function recursively over time using incoming measurements and a mathematical process model.
• History: The approach to SPAM filtering used in this app is based on a paper called “A plan for SPAM” by Paul Graham: http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html
[email protected] for questions, suggestions and help!