India News | Kerala HC Pulls Up State Govt for Delay in Recovery of Rs 5.2 Cr Damages from PFI


Kochi (Kerala) [India]Dec 19 (ANI): The Kerala High Court on Monday charged the state government with not complying with its order to pay damages to the People’s Front of India (PFI) and its secretary.

The court ordered the Principal Secretary of the State Home Department to appear before it in person on December 23.

Read also | @HardeepSPuri DD Special | Decoding Urban 20 or U20

Watch LIVE:- Latest Tweet from Prasar Bharati News Services.

The court has made it clear that the period given to comply with the previous guidelines will not be extended beyond January 31.

The High Court had on September 30 ordered the PFI to deposit Rs 5.20 crore within two weeks for the damages caused to the KSRTC during the violence that erupted during the illegal ‘flash hartal’ by the PFI on September 23.

Read also | EAM S Jaishankar attacks Rahul Gandhi for using word ‘Pitai’ for Indian soldiers.

The court also ordered the prosecution of then PFI State Secretary Abdul Sathar in all cases registered in the state in connection with illegal hartal. If 5.20 crore is not deposited after two weeks, the state government can initiate recovery proceedings, the Court had said earlier.

While considering the matter today, Division Bench Justice AK Jayasankaran Nambiar and Justice CP Mohammed Nias pointed out the steps taken by the State Government so far in recovery.

The court said, “Despite the final orders passed in the past, the State Government is directed to take immediate steps through the Additional Chief Secretary, inter alia, by invoking the provisions of the Revenue Recovery Act, against the assets/assets of the institutions and the personal property of the office-bearers, including the Secretary, To realize the amount of 5.20 crores, we see that the State Government has not done anything significant to comply with the said guidelines.”

“The State Government cannot accept such an insincere attitude when it asks it to implement the directions of this Court, especially in matters of public interest and in matters involving destruction of public property,” the court said, “Therefore, we direct the Additional Chief Secretary. Department of Home Affairs on Friday, December 23, 2022, He will present himself in front of this court, together with the affidavit, which specifies the time period in which the instructions given by us to recover the amount of 5.20 million will be fulfilled.

“We make it clear that under no circumstances will the deadline to comply with the previous guidelines be extended beyond January 31,” added the court. (ANI)

(This is an unedited, auto-generated story from the Syndicated News feed, LatestLY Staff may not have modified or edited the body of the content)

Leave a Comment