ISL: Hyderabad FC ease past Bengaluru | ISL News

Bengaluru: Bartholomew Ogbeche ended his seven-goal drought as Hyderabad FC cruised past Bengaluru FC 3-0 at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium to climb to the top of the Indian Super League (ISL).

The striker broke the deadlock with a deftly worked free-kick before forcing an own goal from Sandesh Jhingan on the stroke of half-time. Joel Chianese came off the bench to end the game in the 90th minute.

Hyderabad have 25 points from 11 games and have a game in hand on second-placed Mumbai City FC (24 points).

The hosts fielded an unchanged XI, while the visitors made four changes from the team that beat East Bengal FC last week.

Nim Dorjee replaced Chinglensana Singh in the center of defence, and Joao Victor was replaced by Borja Herrera. Rohit Danu replaced Mohammad Yasir on the right wing while Javier Siverio replaced Joel Chianese, who dropped to the bench.

There were a couple of chances, one at each end, inside the opening 10 minutes. Roshan Naorem played a one-two with Javi Hernandez down the left flank before his low cross was blocked by Nikhil Poojary. At the other end, Siverio sprinted the ball down the left flank before Suresh Wangjam stopped the striker with a direct challenge.

The opening goal came when Halicharan Narzary, Herrera and Ogbech completed a well-worked free-kick from the edge of the area, Ogbech smashing a low shot past Gurpreet Singh Sandhu in the 26th minute.

A minute before the break, Hyderabad FC doubled their lead. Narzary headed in a cross from the left before Ogbech headed it into the grass. The ball was going wide of the mark before Jhingan’s low clearance found its way into the back of his own net.

The substitutes put the game to bed as Abdul Anjukandan’s low cross from the right was headed in by Chianes at the far post in the final minute of the game as the Blues slumped to their seventh defeat of the season.

The loss keeps them in eighth place, nine points off the final play-off spot.

Leave a Comment