Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will launch Jio’s 5G service in Kochi today, December 20, 2022. Archive photo | Photo credit: The Hindu
Here are the important developments in Kerala to note today:
1. 5G service to be rolled out in Kerala today. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will launch Jio’s 5G service in Kochi. Initially, the service will be available to subscribers with a 5G-enabled phone before expanding to broadband connections.
2. A summit to be chaired by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan in Thiruvananthapuram today will seek to allay fears over satellite survey to identify buffer zones around protected areas. The meeting is expected to discuss legal options to pacify farmers and residents in mountainous areas.
3. Inspection survey of buffer zone area starts at Idukki.
4. Kozhikode district Congress committee today to launch protests in hilly areas on buffer zone issue, former leader of opposition Ramesh Chennithala has participated.
5. The Kerala High Court is likely to hear writ petitions challenging the show cause notice issued to the vice-chancellors of state universities as chancellors to explain why their appointments should not be considered invalid.
6. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate Supplyco’s Christmas-New Year fairs in Thiruvananthapuram today. The fairs will continue throughout the state until January 2.