The winter session of the Karnataka Legislature takes a weekend break in Belagavi, even as more than 60 protests continue in the border town. | Photo credit: EMAIL REGISTRATION
1. The winter session of the Karnataka Legislature takes a weekend break in Belagavi, but more than 60 protests continue in the border town with demands from various groups, including farmers, laborers and caste organizations.
2. Border Security Force conducts parade of 192 Sub Inspector trainees Shyam Sundar Chaturvedi, ADG, CRPF (South Zone), at Subsidiary Training Centre, Border Security Force, Yelahanka at 8.35 am.
3. The Cartoonist Institute of India will today present an exhibition of cartoons and caricatures by political cartoonist Irfan Khan and his interaction with him. Former Chief Secretary, Government of Karnataka, Chiranjeev Singh will inaugurate the event at Indian Cartoon Gallery, No. 1, Midford Garden, Trinity Circle, MG Road at 11 am.
4. On the occasion of the 17th All India Convention, the Center of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) has organized a meeting of multilingual poets, which will be chaired by writer Baraguru Ramachandrappa. It will be at the premises of the Basavanagudin National College, from 16:00.
5. The Basava Antarashtriya Pratishtana, London, will present the Sri Siddaganga Siri Award today to former Vice-Chancellor of Sanskirt University and Dr. Mallepuram G. Venkatesh. The program will be inaugurated by Minister for Cooperation ST Somashekar. Dr. Go Ru will present the award. Channabasappa, Hon. Advisor, Akhila Bhara Sharana Sahitya Parishat. The function will be held at Kannalli Veerabhadra Swamy Sukshetra premises, Kodegehalli Panchayati, Magadi Road, Kannalli at 11 am.
6. Sangeeta Dhama is organizing a program to remember GS Shivarudrappa. Dr. K. Marulasiddappa and Dr. H. Dandappa. Popular singer Dr. Rohini Mohan to participate. The event is at Nayana Auditorium, Ravindra Kalakshetra Complex, JC Road from 5 PM onwards.
From Coastal Karnataka
1. Union Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Anurag Singh Thakur will inaugurate the government’s Sports Science Center in Udupi. Karnataka Youth Empowerment and Sports Minister Narayana Gowda will also attend the program at 6.30 pm.
2. K. Prakash, President, Dakshina Kannada District Consumer Redressal Committee inaugurated the National Consumer Day at Besant Women’s University, Mangaluru. It will be presided over by Deputy Commissioner Ravi Kumar.
From South Karnataka
1. Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment A. Nararayanswamy distributes artificial limbs and other aids to beneficiaries in Chamarajanagar.
2. Inauguration of Mysuru Winter Festival today.
From North Karnataka
1. Yadgir police have arrested Galeppa Pujari, Principal (Administration) of Moraraji Desai Residential School, Motnalli village of Gurmitkal taluk in connection with a case under the POCSO Act. A female student is accused of talking on the phone and sexually harassing her.