Here is the weather forecast for India:
Tuesday (December 20)
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands have scattered showers with thunderstorms.
- Isolated chances of rain may occur over Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal sub-Himalaya, Sikkim, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal, Kerala, Mahe and Lakshadweep.
- Dry weather is expected in other areas.
- Very dense fog is likely to occur over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh in the early morning.
- Dense fog is likely over Bihar, West Bengal Sub-Himalaya and Sikkim early morning.
Wednesday (December 21)
- Scattered thundershowers are likely to occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated chances of rain are expected over Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal Sub-Himalaya, Sikkim, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Kerala and Mahe.
- Other areas may experience dry weather.
- Dense fog is expected over Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh in the early morning.
- Dense fog may occur over Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal Sub-Himalaya and Sikkim early morning.
5 day forecast nationwide
A low pressure area (LPA) is over the central parts of the southern Bay of Bengal. This LPA is expected to move west-northwestward and approach South Peninsular India.
As a result of this system, heavy rains (65 mm/day) coastal Tamil Nadu may experience convulsions on Friday, December 23 and Saturday, December 24. During this forecast period, isolated or scattered rains are possible over other parts of South India.
Dry weather is expected in other areas.
Meanwhile, due to moisture and light winds at lower tropospheric levels over the Indo-Gangetic plains, dense to very dense fog in most/many pockets of Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi and some pockets of Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh during night or morning hours is expected for the next three days. Dense fog Isolated pockets are also very likely in North Rajasthan, Bihar, West Bengal Sub-Himalaya and Sikkim in the next two days.
Also, due to the dry north/northwest Himalayan winds, cold wave Conditions are expected to continue in isolated pockets over Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and North Rajasthan for the next 4-5 days.
In terms of mercury level, maximum temperatures are expected to be near normal or above normal during the projection period, while northeast India is expected to be significantly higher than normal. Night minimums will usually be near or slightly below normal over northwest India, while higher than normal in other areas.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The Weather Channel app (Android and iOS store). It’s free!